Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Jubilee, You're Not a Baby Anymore

Poor little thing has to wear her doggie diapers!
      Not too long after Jubilee got sick, around the middle of January of this year, I started to notice a few things different about her.  I had an idea of what it might be, but I looked up the signs just in case.  She was also at the right age for this to be happening.  Yes, my little baby was in heat, or properly known as the estris cycle.  I guess she wasn't a little baby anymore!  I had always planned to get Jubilee spayed before she ever had her first cycle, but her visit to the vet for being sick set me back financially quite a bit.
      It wasn't really that bad while Jubilee was in heat, and the only thing I really had to do was buy her little doggie diapers because of the bleeding.  I would imagine that having bigger dogs in heat would probably be a little worse, but with Jubilee being as small as she is, the bleeding was slight.
 *******************
      However, now that shes not in heat, I have her an appointment set up with the Greenville Humane Society to get spayed on March 11th!  The reason I'm taking her to the Greenville Humane Society instead of to the vet is because the shelter spays and neuters animals for cheaper, at least cheaper than my vet!  By taking Jubilee there I'm saving $50, which is a big chunk of change for a college student like me.  Let's hope all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment