Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sick Day!

"I don't feel good!"
      During Christmas break, I was back and forth between working in Clemson and seeing my family in Easley.  Instead of dragging Jubilee back and forth with me, I let my family keep her a few nights.  Well, there was one night that was very unfortunate for Jubilee, and for my sister.
      "Ring! Ring!".  It was one o'clock in the morning of the same day I had to go to work at Walgreens and my sister was calling me.  I answered the phone to hear my sister crying.  I had no idea what was going on.  Then she started to tell me that Jubilee had been sick all night with throwing up and diarrhea.  I couldn't think of any reason why Jubilee would be sick other than she might have gotten in to something that she wasn't suppose to.  I told my sister just to hang tight and that I would pick her up after I got off of work. 
      Once I was off the clock the next day, I bought my sister a present (for staying awake with Jubilee ALL night), and I rushed home.  Once I got there, my family said she was doing much better, and that she was even running around and playing.  I took her back to Clemson with me thinking that all was well.
      That night, however, I faced the same nightmare that my sister did.  Jubilee got sick again and she couldn't stop throwing up.  She also had really bad diarrhea and it was bloody.  I knew that the blood in her stool was not a good sign and that I needed to get her to the vet as fast as I could.  I was scheduled to work the next day but I called them and told them what was going on and that I would be a little late.  I went straight to the vet that morning and I was anxious to see what was wrong with my poor little puppy.
      Once the nurse called me back to the room and asked me a bunch of questions, the vet walked in.  I told him everything that I told the nurse and then he started to examine Jubilee.  He decided to keep her overnight since she was dehydrated from all of the throwing up, and he also wanted to do tests on her stool.  I picked her up the next day to find out that she had hookworms.  I felt so bad for my poor little puppy and I started her on worm treatment right away.  I've been giving her monthly treatments ever since and I will continue do so always.   
          

No comments:

Post a Comment