Sunday, February 24, 2013

The First Haircut is Always the Worst


      So of course since Jubilee is a Shorkie, and the hair of both shih tzus and yorkies grow continuously, she would eventually need a haircut.  Well, the day came and I decided to give her a haircut myself rather than spend $40 on one.  I figured the easiest way would be to use my dad's hair clippers to shave her because cutting her hair with scissors would take forever.  I thought wrong...
New fresh 'do!
      It was a beautiful summer day, and two of my roommates and I went to my parents' house in Easley for the day since they have a pool.  My dad also decided to cook hotdogs, ribs, AND cheeseburgers and I am definitely not one to turn down free food.  We all had a nice time that day, and once it started to get dark we went inside and ate.  With full tummies and tanned skin, it was time for my roommates and I to head back to Clemson.  Before we left, however, I decided to take advantage of the fact that my dad had hair clippers and to shave Jubilee.  That did not go over well.
      Once I turned on the clippers and they started humming, Jubilee was already giving them a weird look.  But once I put them to her fur, you would have thought that I was killing the poor thing.  She started screaming and yelping, and anytime I got close to her face she tried to bite them.  It was horrible.  I trimmed as much fur as I could until I couldn't take the hollering anymore, and I went back to Clemson and finished the job with regular scissors.  It took FOREVER, but I finally finished. 
      I still haven't to this day paid for Jubilee to get groomed.  I might start to, however, after the 3rd time of having to cut her fur with scissors...  

No comments:

Post a Comment